Name of Contest
Contests and Submissions
UPDATE: CONTEST IS CLOSED!!!
Click the Mind logo below to enter Mind Magazine's first annual Imagination Arts Competition, $10 per entry––see contest rules for prizes and entry details:
Mind Magazine is holding its First Annual Imagination Arts Competition! Entries will be accepted for prizes including cash and publication in a full gallery display.
The prize pool will be drawn from half the total entry fees received, and will be allocated to three levels of cash award, with an additional three winners receiving substantial uncompensated gallery presentations. Minimum first prize guarantee of $100. A full and transparent accounting of entry fees is assured. Winners will all be featured in a contest gallery in Mind Magazine: , with up to ten pieces allocated for the top winners. All work will be judged by Peggi Wolfe, art director for Mind Magazine, and secondarily by Rich Norman, Mind Magazine's editor in chief. Entries MUST be received no later than October 31th, 2014. Winners will be announced before November 30th, 2014.
First place will receive half of the allocated prize budget. Second prize will receive two-thirds of the remaining monies, and the rest will be allocated to third prize. Those artists currently featured in Mind Magazine, and staff, are ineligible for entry. Entries must be related to the theme of Imagination.
Accepted genres: Computer generated artworks, photographic artwork, traditional drawing and painting.
1. First prize: up to ten pieces featured in the winner's gallery, and half of the allotted prize budget.
2. Second Prize: up to ten pieces featured in the winner's gallery, and two thirds of the remaining allotted prize budget.
3. Third prize: up to ten pieces featured in the winner's gallery, and the remaining one third of the allotted prize budget.
4. Fourth prize: up to ten pieces featured in the winner's gallery.
5. Fifth Prize: up to six pieces featured in the winner's gallery.
6. Sixth prize: up to four pieces featured in the winner's gallery.
No more than two (2) works may be submitted for each $10 entry fee purchased. Entries may be purchased at the Mind Magazine store.
1. Purchase an entry at the Mind Magazine store.
2. Wait to receive your entry number. This may take up to 24 hours.
3. Upon receiving your entry number, attach up to two pieces of work in .jpg format to an email which includes your entry number. Type “Mind Art Contest Entry” in the subject line.
4. Send the prepared email, with a file size not exceeding 10Mb to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Image size should not exceed 3000 px wide by 2400 px high, if possible.
Electronic payment is preferred. However, payment may be mailed to:
PO Box 387
O'Brien, OR. 97534
Make all checks payable to Mind Magazine
Mind Magazine is accepting submissions of poetry, prose, scientific articles and scientific papers. Poetry should be no more than three pages in length per poem, single spaced, #12 Times or Times New Roman font, two poems maximum per submission, one submission per month. Send submissions of poetry in electronic form, rtf or Word format, with the email heading clearly marked, "Poetry Submission" to Michael Spring at: email@example.com Include your return email and contact information.
Submissions of prose, scientific articles and papers must be provided single spaced, #12 Times or Times New Roman font, one submission per month, in electronic form, rtf or Word format, with the email heading clearly marked, "Prose/Science submission" to Rich Norman at: firstname.lastname@example.org Include your return email and contact information.
Contest Is Closed!